Mixers and Mixing-dryers for Ceramics and Powder Metallurgy
Fine ceramics and powder metallurgy
High purity oxides, nitrides, carbines and borides of aluminum or silicon can be filtered, dried, de-agglomerated out of lye, solvents and suspensions and mixed intensively.
amixon® mixers and mixing-dryers are extremely abrasion-resistant and can process charges from 5 to 40,000 kg quickly and without contamination.
- Mixing and homogenizing - Fine-ceramics and powder metallurgy
- Gentle homogenizing or intensive mixing in the same device: doping of pigments, high temperature materials, superconductors; ceramic powder as dielectric for capacitors.
- Dispersing and desagglomerating - Fine-ceramics and powder metallurgy
- Pigment distribution in raw mixtures and glazes; Dispersing and doping of Al or Si oxides, nitrides, carbides and borides under clean room conditions.
- Coating - Fine-ceramics and powder metallurgy
- Coating of metal particles:
- xs < 0.1 µm with nano-powder
- xs < 10-3 µm coating of agglomerates with films and glazes
- Mixing-drying and reaction control - Fine-ceramics and powder metallurgy
- Drying of aqueous, alcoholic or other solvent suspensions through vacuum excitation and temperature control.
Applications in the powder metallurgy and fine ceramics industry:
- Powder metals, tungsten / tungsten carbide, silicon carbide
- Engineering ceramics, dental ceramics, technical ceramics
- Engobes and glazes
- FE powder / iron powder
- Sintered metal powder, powder for laser sintering
- Metal powder for 3D printing