Conical vertical dryer (AMT)
Ideal mixing quality, quick and gentle drying for moist and viscous materials at variable filling levels
A spiral mixing blade inside the vertical dryer initiates a three-dimensional flow of the mixing goods; conical designed mixing vessel enables powders to be discharged up to 100%. The conical vertical dryer is vacuum and pressure tight and heatable by steam, thermal oil or water. Fully temperature controlled: the mixing vessel, the mixing arms, the spiral blade.
The conical mixer dryer can be designed to conform with FDA and 3-A Sanitary Standards to be used as a sterile mixer and reactor. It also meets EHEDG requirements.
Further characteristics of the conical vertical dryer and powder dryer
- This jacketed and vacuum rated version is an ideal conical mixer, vertical dryer, and reactor.
- Spiral tools, arms and shaft are jacketed and heated.
- This vertical dryer guarantees quick and gentle drying results.
- It can be used for moist powder, wet suspensions as well as liquids, paste and dough.
- If the drying process requires deagglomeration, high speed cutting rotors may be installed.
- The mixing device is driven from the top, using only a single top bearing.
- The single-shaft mixer-dryer meets all industry standards for surface finish, including sanitary and pharmaceutical requirements, and requires a very small space.
Learn more about the vacuum drying process, its advantages, and its common applications.