Cleaned water is compressed to about 4,000 bar and directed onto the material to be cut by a sapphire nozzle. Sand can be optionally added to the water. The cutting jet acts as a thin diamond saw blade. CNC command data guide the cutting jet three-dimensionally over the workpiece.
- Workpiece dimensions can be up to 3 metres by 3 metres by 6 metres
- Wall thickness can vary from 1 mm to 200 mm
- There are no cutting forces during separation
- No change of structure; the components remain cold
- Ideal for the manufacture of inspection doors and for spherical welding preparations